Jul 17, 2018
Engage with Your Lawmakers This Summer
This summer, our representatives in D.C. will be coming home for a brief break to participate in parades, campaign events, and to meet with constituents. During this time, they will be able to match faces with the issues they debate in Congress every single day.
We’ve put together a list of all the ways we can engage our lawmakers this summer – to show Congress that the American people are tired of the status quo. We’re demanding reform, and the Joint Committee on the Organization of Congress is the vehicle needed to drive it.
Check out the following list for ideas on how you can engage with your representatives this summer:
- Raise the Joint Committee on the Organization of Congress at a town hall meeting.
- Meet with your representatives in their district offices while they are in town.
- Attend a rally and speak with your member there.
- Spread the word on social media to your friends and family.
- Ask friends to challenge their congressman and senators to reform Congress.
- Write a letter to the editor in the local paper about the need for the Joint Committee.
- Get five friends to write letters to their members or call their offices by sharing this link: congessoftomorrow.com/takeaction.
- Call into talk-radio shows and discuss the need for congressional reform.